WelcomeTo My World

Monday 7 November 2011

Occupy & Anonymous......


V for Vendetta In this film the character sets in motion a revolution. He urges his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression and to bring freedom and justice back to a society that is filled with corruption.


This film has been an inspiration for many political groups to promote their beliefs and ideas. Activists rumored to belong to a group known as Anonymous have worn the Guy Fawkes mask made popular by the film when they appear in public, echoing one of its significant scenes.
Who or what is anonymous. We are all anonymous. We have always been....anonymous.
I have chosen this project to show my unity for this movement that is sweeping across our cities, our nation and our world.
It is indeed evident that we are in a crisis. We may feel that as one individual we have no say. We may feel we have no influence or power. We may feel like one person can not make change. That I can not make change
We are the 99 percent.
If you do not think you are one of the 99 percent, stop and ask yourself these questions.
Am I tired of struggling to put food on the table for my family?
Am I tired of being forced to decide do I pay my bills or do I provide my family with basic needs?
Am I sick, of being sick, and watching my family be sick because I can not afford healthcare?

Can not afford medicines?
When you look for a job and once again there is nothing. All our jobs have been sent overseas.
Our homes have been taken away, our privacy, and our freedom.
We are the 99%
They have tried to ignore us and call us names. They say we are radicals.....hippies... and communists. When the truth is we are all like you. We come from all walks of life. We are the people that keep this country running.
Corporate media has tried to shove us into obscurity. They have tried to spread disinformation and lies, but we have broken through and spread the truth. Our numbers are growing and they simply can not continue to ignore us.
There are no party lines. There is no discrimination against race or religion. This is about our future and the future of our children. To live free in true democracy where everyones needs matter, not just the needs and wants of the ones who can afford it. A world that is fair and equal to everyone.
They are just starting to take notice of us now. In the words of a famous philosopher.
First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win.
We can win. We are the 99%. Together we have the numbers.
We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Links:
www.occupytogether.org
https://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

No comments:

Post a Comment