WelcomeTo My World

Sunday 13 November 2011

'Make It My Own'




 
Make It My Own by Jenna Kandyce Linch

In the shadow of the past there's no sunlight
Forced to face every demon, it comes down to the will to fight.
Some memories cannot be outrun
But that doesn't mean with life I'm done.

Looking back, I see the path paved with tears, pain and sorrow
Yet from the coldness of rejection can emerge a new tomorrow.
I know I'm the only one who in my own shoes can walk a mile
With every step taken, a stronger person I've become through each trial.

The most important lessons are learned through experience
To really live again I had to break down the wall of defense.
I'm not defined or restrained by my background
For it's in falling down and picking myself up true strength I found.

Along the way mistakes I made
Each one taught me something new, showing me there's no need to be afraid.
People may focus on who I was but scars don't make me weak
Of battles I've won and gained victory over they speak.

Rock bottom I hit as I approached the point of no return
Inside my heart the tiniest spark of hope began to burn.
Faith grew into a raging fire
My passion for living became my intense desire.

Every change is just another milestone in the journey
Helping to transform and restore the wonders life holds for me.
Struggles amidst oppression aided in the most amazing transition
One in which I discovered the power to rise above opposition.

Once upon a time ago my life was one big charade
Where behind a mask I hid in this masquerade.
People tried to implement their changes of what they wanted me to be
Because they feared the role of me playing all of me.

Becoming my own person the pieces of me I refused to arrange
What made me unique were the things they wished to change.
To me it didn't matter that I didn't have a big name
What truly matters is I'm happy with me and feel no shame.

The past is not my permanent address where I reside
I'm not fighting against myself for who I am I've no reason to hide.
My dream to live my life has come alive
This comeback shows me how much I can survive and thrive.

Everyday I learn to love myself again
By finding the courage to accept and embrace the person within.
Making it my own, control of my life I reclaim
For the past didn't break or destroy me but makes me more of a fighter when I remember from where I came.


'Make It My Own' Copyright (c) Jenna Kandyce Linch

No comments:

Post a Comment